Friday, January 29, 2010

Team player....my ass

All through the month of December, we had upheaval in our office. One of my co-workers (we’ll call her DeeDee) decided she didn’t like the “attitude” of the other girl (KiKi). Because DeeDee got KiKi the job, she threatened to take the job away.

I told KiKi that only SHE could lose her job, by not doing it well. As it turns out I was wrong.

Through a series of lies, manipulations and machinations, DeeDee got KiKi fired. For no real reason. I guess is pays to flash your boobies and flirt with the hapless office manager.

KiKi was of tremendous help in the office. I know I truly appreciated the things she did for me. It certainly made my life easier.

Now we’ve all had to take on a few of the tasks that KiKi was primarily responsible for. The few more things I have had added to my plate are irksome but not taxing. When the boss asked us to help out I really had no choice.

DeeDee on the other hand is starting to feel the pinch. She is working harder than I’ve seen her work since KiKi first came on board nearly 18 months ago.

My work for the day is nearly done and I could be offering to help her, but since she and she alone decided that we no longer needed KiKi she can just suffer.

My team spirit only goes so far.

1 comment:

PhantomMinuet said...

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind, sez I.