Monday, September 05, 2005

What I did on my summer vacation

Quite an eventful summer for me. My job at B.W. Dyer came to an end after 6 years. The office moved to Colorado. It was a painful parting but yet I know that another year there and I would have been fried. The job was killing me.

The end of June my sister-in-law had her first baby, a boy named Alex. We went to out to IN to meet him. Took the mother-in-law. Should have got a commendation for bravery above and beyond the call of duty. Alex is a dear baby.

I took the entire month of July off. First time since 1999 that I have been without work. It was a luxury. I went to Vermont to visit my sister and her brood. Jason, Phoebe and Verna Mavis (we are getting adjusted to the name). I spent a week in the mountains doing aunt duty.

Following the trip to Vermont I came home and just took it easy. Caught up on some reading, made a dent in my Netflix queue and generally had myself a true vacation.

I started a new job August 1st with a company that was a customer when I was at Dyer. The job is slower paced, which is just what I need right now.

Over Labor Day weekend, my sister-in-law, known hereafter as Jenny, her husband Chris and baby Alex made the journey out to NJ. We spent the weekend attending various Bergman Family Functions, including Gma and Gpa Bergman's 60th wedding anniversary celebration. They are an amazing couple.

Now I am fully immersed in planning my 15-year high school reunion. Things are progressing very nicely. My fingers are crossed that the reunion will turn out as planned.

No comments: