Monday, July 07, 2008

Holiday Recap

In case you are at all interested.....the boss surprised us on Thursday by closing the office at 3pm.  I was so busy planning out my day of procrastination that the few things I really needed to get done weren't done, so I ended up not leaving until 3:30.  Wasn't that a bite in the ass?!?
 
It was reasonable weather here in NJ.  A little damp and muggy. But not that bone-crushing, spirit-sapping heat that usually accompanies July 4th.
 
Tom and I also celebrated the 4th by having some fireworks ourselves, when we had an unhappy contretemps over why I am so bone idle that I can't take the garbage to the curb once in a while. I shed some tears and made a heartfelt albeit completely empty promise to try and be more helpful in the garbage removal area and things continued in a happier vein.
 
In honor of July 4th, we watched a PBS documentary called "The Revolution".  I was amazed at how much I didn't know about our country's fight for independence.  Which proves two points: 1) I didn't  pay attention in American History class  2) Mr. Brennar was a suck-ass history teacher.
 
Another marathon weekend. This time it was  Law & Order: SVU.  So I spent an enjoyable afternoon watching Benson and Stabler and Munch and Finn and Capt. Cragen fight crime.  There is not nearly enough of Stabler with his shirt off.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

34 Years said...

I'm a big fan of marathons. Shows I've marathoned in the past include:

- Project Runway
- Top Model
- Tori and Dean Inn Love

and other random MTV-ish, Lifetime shows I forget about until it's 10AM on a Saturday and I'm mindlessly flipping through the channels...

Melody said...

you crack me up, as usual