Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I did a marathon on Sunday

The month of music finally is at an end.
 
And wouldn't you know, as I was looking for the Phil Collins song yesterday, I came across Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight".
 
I was surprised how many songs I found that had house or home in them.  I thought I had a nice cross-section of genres, from rock to pop to country to gospel. Any obvious choices I missed?
 
The next topic for NaBloPoMo is food. I'm going to pass on this one.  I've got a month's worth of very important bits of nothingness that are simply crying out to be shared. Like this.....on Sunday morning I awoke with resolve in my heart to DO THINGS.  I was going to go to the carwash.  My car looked like a Jackson Pollack painting with all the bird poop on it.  Then I was going to get some groceries followed by a flying trip to the library to pick up my books that have been on hold for nearly a week.  
 
Notice how everything is in the past tense? 
 
I got sucked into a Jon and Kate plus 8 marathon on TLC.
 
Nothing got done.
 
Not a blessed thing.
 
Wait, I take that back. 
 
In between commercials I did manage to put up a new shower curtain. 
 
Out of curiosity, what marathon will you drop everything to watch all day/weekend long?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

I used to do that for Real World marathons. Sometimes that was the only way that I saw a season. Though they must not do them that often anymore, I haven't seen one in a long time.
I too was impressed by how many "home" songs you found!

Anonymous said...

I am going to try avoiding going to Grandpa's on Friday because they are having a What Not to Wear Marathon... that would be very tempting...

Ami said...

DIY shows, Trading Spaces, Flip that House, and the like. Anything with decorating or renovating can captivate me for hours. I'm always looking for the perfect paint color/design element/furniture for my house. Luckily, I don't have cable, so this rarely happens.

Jennifer Webb said...

Sis, this is why there are Tivos and DVRs....

Anonymous said...

I love that show. I think part of the reason is that if she can deal with 8 kids, I know I can handle one!

Anonymous said...

LAW & ORDER SVU - a marathon of Christopher Meloni will always keep me in the house.

******Sanna

Anonymous said...

Deadwood. Or Veronica Mars. o they count, since they were very short runs?

Anonymous said...

That o was supposed to be a Do. The perils of one-handed typing.

Dana said...

Geez, I don't know...I mean what in the world would tear ME away from washing the car and grocery shopping...Let's see, What Not To Wear, America's Next Top Model, The Soprano's, CSI: Las Vegas, Harry Potter movies, Food Network (like Throw Down with Bobby Flay). Most cheesy Lifetime flicks, oh yeah, I'm easy.

Sigh. Looking forward to a three day weekend!

patresa hartman said...

GHOST HUNTERS! on the sci-fi channel. i CANNOT turn it off.
and then it gets dark and turn every light in the house on.