Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Won't Go Home Without You - Maroon 5

In keeping with the title of the latest book I was reading, Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen, I decided to finish reading the book from the comfort of the back deck.

I was joined by my comfy cat Althea, who perched on the chair next to me and took what was probably her 20th cat nap of the day and Huck the skittish orange cat that really only loves Tom. He merely tolerates me.

I was also attacked by squadrons of mosquitoes and overrun by brigades of ants. All of which made me itchy and scratchy.

Towards the end of the evening, when the light was fading, out popped a ground hog
from underneath the deck.

He stared at me.

I stared at him.

Then I said conversationally “Good evening, Mr. Groundhog.”

He twitched his nose in acknowledgement and disappeared back under the deck.

The rest of the evening I was serenaded by whistles and chirps from neighborly Mr. Groundhog.

Neither cat moved a muscle. We leads me to believe that they are already on speaking terms with the groundhog.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen... book club is trying to come up with some titles for next season... we need some fiction and the last one you picked went over well... can you give us some suggestions... you can call it, ideas for the girls back home...
Jess

Ami said...

Did you like Nature Girl? I listened to it on CD a while back and thought it was funny. I didn't expect to like it, but I actually went looking for more of his stuff because I liked it so much.

Also, another winner in the song department.

Gina (Mannyed) said...

mmmm....adam levine.

Anonymous said...

hey the girl in the video is on Lost

or was...

*sanna