Friday, May 02, 2008

Friday round-up

My laptop gave up the ghost Wednesday night.

It had been acting wonky for a couple of days so this wasn’t a complete surprise.

Right now it's in the shop to see if it can be resuscitated.

In the meantime, I’m reduced to checking emails and blogging on the sly at work.

I was going to show you pictures of the lovely birthday gifts I received from Melody (which put my birthday celebration over the top!!) but the computer crapping out put the kibosh on that.


Instead I'll just describe as best I can what she sent:

She sent me cupcakes.

Cupcakes that she made with her own two little hands and packed up very carefully and mailed to me.

Red velvet cupcakes with a vanilla bean icing. They were delicious. The icing especially.

PLUS

She sent me an apron with the “calling dr. bombay” logo printed on it. In orange. If and when I get my laptop back I’ll definitely post a picture.

If I had the computer savvy and know-how, I would take this logo and use it as the header on my blog.


And finally, today I wore a shirt that I haven't worn since last summer and I'm happy to report that it did NOT hug my fat rolls like it had in the past. Munching on those carrots is helping. Next week I'll add celery.

2 comments:

Ami said...

Computers on the fritz seem to be going around. Of course, you did what I should have done and took it in to get it fixed. I, on the other hand, spent way too much money on a new one.

Can't wait to see the gifts!

Melody said...

I too have been eating well for the past two weeks. I actually have been amazed at the consistency of how I have been counting things and making wise choices.

By the way, I placed a bet on the Derby tomorrow purely on the orange silks the jockey wears. How lucky do you feel?