Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dull

Folks....I have lost my edge.
 
Just last weekend, I was made the butt of a joke that I did not find in the least bit humorous.
 
The person who made the joke/comment however, thought that she was simply hilarious and cackled to herself while I sat in abject embarrassment, mute,  unable to form an appropriate comeback.
 
Anyone who knows me well, knows that I can usually hold my own in a verbal sparring match.
 
Two days later, I'm STILL trying to come up with a smart retort.
 
I've got nothing.
 
What is the wait time for a good comeback/smackdown?
 
I'm thinking a week is too long.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Melody said...

I am the queen of comebacks. Share and let us help you smack her down.

Anonymous said...

I always do well with comebacks in two situations:
1. I am not a part of the situation, but an outsider giving advice. I guess perspective brings out the inner tounge-lasher in me!

2. Ten minutes after the event. Again, I think perspective is key. Once I am removed from the situation, I have all sorts of things to say!

Allknowingjen said...

Unfortunately, I think it's about .007 seconds... though, if it's someone you will see again, you can always go in fully armed for next time.

Ditto what betsy said- I always have better ones when I am a third party.

Anonymous said...

I never think of comebacks until about 2 days later. Never has quite the same effect at that point.

Ami said...

I am definitely not the one to ask for comeback advice. I'm the person who, two days later, thinks of something smart to say while driving alone in her car. Not very quick on my feet in these situations. Sorry I can't be much help.

(p.s. Am I totally boring you with all my CSA and recipe posts? I haven't seen you around in a while. I miss you!)