Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

I am currently indulging in one of my favorite guilty pleasures.
 
The romance novel.
 
That's right. I admit it.  I read romance novels.
 
I have dedicated the month of August to rereading some of my favorite romance authors.  Jude Deveraux, Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, Jayne Ann Krentz, Julie Garwood, etc. 
 
Nothing that is a strain on the brain.
 
While the rest of you read your fancy, mind-improving, New York Times bestsellers, it will be nothing but heaving bosoms and thrusting loins for me!
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel a bit flushed...

Anonymous said...

I have to admit every so often a good romance novel is just what is needed! Last week at the lake myself and a couple of my cousins were discussing one of the novels that one of my cousins was reading. My cousin Chad piped in with, "Did she put her hand on his tenderness?" and I just about puked from laughing so hard. He said it with a straight face and it has since then become a family joke. : )

Melody said...

Everyone should have their share of heaving bosoms and thrusting loins.

Anonymous said...

Cry No More by Linda Howard... one of the best...

Dana said...

Sorry this comment is a bit late. Life's been hectic and I am catching up on my blog reading...


OMG... Kathleen E. Woodiwiss wrote one of my favorite romance novels ever! I even (I am embarrassed to say it at 41, but loved it so much at 19)named my daughter after the heroine!

A Rose in Winter. Awesome.