Monday, October 02, 2006

because i'm a lazy bastard

this is a retread....from october of last year.
it occurred to me last night, i've got a whole year's worth of blogs at MSN that will just be sitting in their little archive bliss. never again to see the light of day.
because let's face it, we NEVER really go back and read through a fellow bloggers old posts . even though we say we do.

so as long as you promise not to read the msn archives i'll post my most favorites.

it will be like we are meeting for the first time


October 18, 2005 - (no changes, just the way it was originally posted - warts and all)

my prince came and i threw him away

it's sunday afternoon - i'm lounging on the couch watching my netflix movie - when i noticed movement out of the corner of my eye. at first i thought it was one of the the cats. then i thought it was a leaf since i had the back door open (it was a fine day) and the wind was blowing. but then the "leaf" moved in a vertical fashion and i realized i was looking at a wee frog. i was incensed that this creature had invited himself into my living room without so much as a by your leave. as i leapt off the couch to capture this frog he hopped further away (coy thing) under the recliner. i upended the recliner and he hopped under the radiator. whereupon he proceeded to hop INTO the radiator and rattle around like a piece of popcorn. in the meantime i realized i needed to find something in which to capture this creature. i lighted upon tom's notre dame hat tossed casually on the entry table. what a perfect receptacle to hold the frog. after i encouraged the frog to hop into the hat i tossed him out the front door where he flew 6 feet into the air arms and legs flailing. he landed in a daze on the front walk. after a few moments he shook himself off and hopped away.

i would like to know where the little dickens came from? did one of the cats bring him in? did he hop in through the back door? did he come up from downstairs? are there more of his kind in the house? these are pressing questions

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Poopdeck made it here! This is now added to my Favourites!
Looks good, this place does!

Anonymous said...

Maybe he just wanted a friend. Or was chilly. Or was being chased by a cat and needed a safe house.

I don't mind frogs; I don't even mind them in my house -- at MY invitation, however. House-crashing frogs are NOT welcome.

Did you know they pee when they get scared? (A little bit like me...)

Becca said...

I have you on my RSS feed..

Becca

Anonymous said...

frogs are better than mice, rats or bats ANY DAY of the week. I would have flung the frog and the hat outside. AND left the hat for himself to find...

You have been moved to the darkside on my blog...you darksider you.

Anonymous said...

I DO read the archives!! So is this your permanent new home? If so, may I link you?? I wouldn't want to lose touch!!

HUGS!! :)

Anonymous said...

i read the archives, too. really.

i'm thinking the frog hopped in thru the open door. perhaps he was trying to attend the free netflix screening.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen: What's up?? You left too soon...it's all died down already.
Hugs....Diane.

Anonymous said...

OOPS....Diane is "Magick"....just in case you didn't know that...lol.