Tuesday, October 10, 2006

i got nothin'

it's not that i'm without words, more like the wherewithal to string the words together to make a sentence.

thus, presenting a half-assed list of odds and ends for your reading enjoyment, since sanna has informed me that she's ready to read something other than the boobie blog.

1) against my better judgment i changed deodorants. i went from the secret solid to the gel. now, while the gel is a lovely lavender scent and doesn't leave white marks, it's really not working. i feel like ducky from pretty in pink "do i o-ffend?"

2) also against my better judgment, i bought new underwear. thinking that my ass is not nearly as big as it really is, i got a size smaller (but still big in the overall scheme of things much to my chagrin). now the leg holes are cutting off circulation to my lower extremities. but on the upside - they are pretty underwear. since i'm wearing andre the giant sized underwear i can't very well call them "panties" now can i? so i call them what we called them growing up, "unders".

3) continuing with lack of good judgment - i purchased a VALUE bag of Brach's autumn mix candy. i am eating all the candy corn with chocolate on the bottom first. i can feel my teeth rotting in my head as i am typing

4) over the weekend i finished a memoir by alan titchmarsh. if any of you watch BBC America you'll know him from Ground Force. Turns out he's MUCH funnier on TV.

5) also over the weekend i watched (from my netflix queue) elain strich - live at liberty. it was a one woman show. just an empty stage, a stool, elaine in a man's dress shirt and tights, singing and telling stories about her life in the theatre. it was oh so good and kept me enthralled for over 2 hours (she's 77!!!)

6) next up on the queue - Hatari! (the exclamation point is NOT mine)

7) explain to me please, why it is necessary in life for my cats to sprawl all over the clothes i JUST laid out on the bed.

8) WHY can't we buy funnel cake all year long? why must we wait for the local fair?

9) as the nights get cooler, so begins the long, hotly contested, bitter battles over whether or not to have a fire in the fireplace. himself is for it, i'm against it. the chimney hasn't been cleaned since we moved in 3 years ago. the wood makes a huge mess and the chimney smokes.

10) i'm loving the los lonely boys right now if you need a gift idea for me for christmas.....

and i'm spent.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of somethin for having nothin. I make the same candy mistake every year. I buy the same Autumn mix (sometimes I get just the pumpkins) and eat them until my tummy hurts.

Manny is afraid of football, he is however, very good at betting on foot ball. Last week pick: Jags.

Anonymous said...

I am a FREAK about candy corn..I would be sitting right there next to you with my hand in the bag!!! LMAO!!

Ya know, for not having anything to say, you said an awful lot!!! :)

HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

SOOO glad you updated. and Manny is right, that is alot of something.

I cant find a deodorant that works for me either...its sucks.

Ps. I may be joining you here at the dark-side.

Becca said...

I love the Dove solid deoderant. Candy corn forgot all about that. Memories. Underwear. I love Just My Size. Man does that tell you the size of my butt!

Hugs,
Becca

Anonymous said...

I hate gel deoderants. I'd rather be careful with the white streaks than use that gel stuff. Yuck!

My halloween candy of choice this year is candy corn flavored salt-water taffy. I'm on my second bag. Yum

Nice list of i got nothin's...Cindy

Anonymous said...

hi jen my frein i wonder where you go to but my freind ruth show me you like my new oroeo cooky jar that ant em get me i like it a lot love daisy

Anonymous said...

I would be HONORED to be your auntie, Jen!! :)

HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

First things first: Daisy Head Maisey is a fake. Fraud. Trying to be funny. She (he?) is not.

Next: The only way I'll eat candy corn is in conjunction with salted peanuts, so that the result is a Pearson's Salted Nut Roll flavor. Then I have to drink a big glass of white milk and lie down for a couple of hours because I get a bellyache.

I'm all for fires in fireplaces. I think the soot and smoke and ash simply add to the ambience. In fact, I'm thinking about starting a fire in MY living room when I get home. And I don't even have a fireplace.

Size 8 sounds small in underpants, but they might as well slap a "fat-ass" sticker on them while they're at it. (Actually, size 9 would probably fit me even better.)

I just bought some...oh, damn. I can't remember what kind of deoderant it was. Dove? Arrid? Oh, hell, I don't know. ANYway, the verrrrrry innocent-looking, soft white stuff turned my armpits into flaming pits of hurtiness. Apparently, whatever it was, I'm allergic to it. The saddest part? I stuck it out for a WEEK before I finally threw it away. (hate to waste those pennies, you know!)

This epic comment is now over. Good-day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen: How ya doing?? I'm with Becca...I love the Dove deoderant too; the fresh scent one. I also love candy corn...when my kids were little, I used to steal it out of the halloween bags..lol.
Hugs....Diane

Anonymous said...

I got the candy corn salt water taffy at Farm & Fleet...a midwest chain. But I think the brand was Eileens...if you have it out your way. Cindy

Editor in Chief said...

1) done it, and still come back to my MOM'S standard, Dry Idea. She's used it for years, and it seems to be the only thing that works for me too.

5)Will be adding to my own list, thanks!

6)OMG, one of my FAVORITE movies! I wanted to have pet elephants and my folks said no. :(

9)if HE wants it so bad, he has to clean up the mess.

10)L-O-V-E the Los Lonely Boys. You have excellent taste in music, and I don't even know you.

Anonymous said...

Hiya, Jen! Poopdeck signing in! Undies? Deodorant? Not much for those subjects (although I have been known to use them both, sometimes at the same time!) However, the subject of the last blog is one of my favourite things, or should I say TWO of my favourite things! Me? I just call them the old standard...TITS!!! Although I do utter various other cutesy names for tatas, I like tits! Big natural tits! Little natural tits! Medium sized natural tits! Catch the key word? NATURAL!! Hehe! Take care, Hunny! Poopdeck!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I came to your site off of Beth's. I use Secret Platinum Protection soft solid deoderant. It's the only thing that has somewhat worked for me! I can't help it, I'm a sweaty girl.

Candy corn is one of my favorites at least until I eat so much that the roof of my mouth hurts from the sweet.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
I have seen a few abandon Spaces and I even have a blog on Vox. I was going to try to keep up both but not doing a very good job of it. Maybe I'll try here.

1. & 2. I hate buying both, I never get it right
7. my dog does the same thing so not just a cat thing.

WEll it's good to find you still blogging along.

Have a good weekend

Anonymous said...

Well shoot now it lets me leave a comment and I've forgotten what I wanted to say....isn't that just the way it goes.

Anonymous said...

I have stuck with Dry Idea roll-on, only because no one else in the house will touch it & it won't walk off w/the daughter when she comes to visit (last time, it was a full bottle of Claritan, my face wash, & a blanket off the sofa)
I had the opposite problem w/last package of Granny Panties (or parachute undies my dd calls them)- I got one size too big- they cover the tuckus fine, but are too loose around the waist. It makes a nice change, though, to complain that they are too big ;)

Anonymous said...

Yay, I can leave comments now. And as a bonus I'm not impersonating a disabled person, and I'm not spam. If you turn on word verification, it may cut down on the spam.

Project Runway finale and Top Chef!