Thursday, October 19, 2006

know this...

it's still there.

the leaf.

now it's war.

i'm digging in my heels.

i WILL resist temptation
i WILL let nature take its course.
i WON'T reach over the hood and remove that bastard leaf.

with my luck, this leaf will hang out on the wiper until the first snow fall.

i know you were very worried about my computer and that it was probably keeping you up nights so you will be relieved to know that the computer didn't crash.

it just needs a new power cord.
it will be back safe and sound on monday.
now you'll can sleep tonight.


you should know that i watch project runway.
you should also know that the project runway finale was a disappointment last night.
i can't talk about it now, the wounds are too fresh.
just know that uli should have won.

and finally you should also know this:

too many oreos (especially the ones with the orange icing) eaten very quickly with too much milk (for dipping purposes) can act as a laxative.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always looking for natural remidies, and given the host of alternatives, stuffing down oreos seems a pleasant treatment. Keep us up to date on that leaf now... and how's the pimple anyway??

Editor in Chief said...

Um, gross?!

I don't know how you can stand that leaf. It would drive me NUTS!!! I used to make my husband pull over so I could clear everything off while HE was driving, because it would bother me as a passenger. That's just how anal I am.

Wish my computer problems were as easy to fix as yours. But I'm glad it's getting fixed.

Anonymous said...

So I had a major brain fart. I've been faithfully checking my bloglines, looking for a new post from you...and nothing. While I was checking for comments at my own place, I decided to check in and leave a comment on yours. I clicked on your link in my blog list, and suddenly I was transported here! I was expecting your other space (because I'd completely forgotten you moved and hadn't added this one to my RSS feeds) and then here I was. Anyway, all that just to say hello and let you know I'm still alive. Hope the leaf lets go soon. Those things drive me crazy, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for finally delurking! I say, try "The Life Aquatic" again! I love all of the "Criterion Collection" movies -- they're so quirky!

But I often times say that "Don't tell mom..." is my all time favorite movie! Christina Applegate is such a brilliant, convincing actress, I say!

~Nicole

kilowatthour said...

glad to hear about the computer. that is indeed a relief.

as for the leaf-- stay the course. be strong. you shall prevail.

and project runway? oh, you're right. it's too soon to talk about it.

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE ALL RUINED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not watched the runway finale yet. SPOILERS, the lot of you!

I agree...dont let the leaf win. You SHALL prevail.

Anonymous said...

I knew there had to be a catch with those orange icing Oreos...they're just too damn good.

-m

Anonymous said...

Leaf- Bad
Powercord- Good
Project Runway- Yawn
Oreo Laxative- Way to Go

Have a great weekend ;)