And these are the thoughts that immediately went through my mind:
1. It's about damn time, they only been together 6 years.
2. Where/when is this momentousus occasion going to take place?
3. I don't have anything to wear
4. I'm going to have to go to Macy's.
5. This blows my Christmas budget
6. Wait!! I have that black dress with the lace bodice and plunging neckline (yay for the boobies) hanging in the back of the closet.
7. But I'll need to fix the zipper which is broken because I tried to squeeze my fat ass into the dress.
8. I'll just have to lose 15 pounds by the end of December (munching on candy corn throughout this entire internal monologue.
9. Ah, fuck it. I'll just wear a girdle and the extra strong pantyhose that hold in the fat
10. But then I'll be uncomfortable and miserable.
11. I wish they had consulted with me first.
I share this to remind you that it is often all about me.
I really need to work on that.