Monday, November 24, 2008

announcement

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I am officially out of my size 16 pants!!!!
 
For a while there it looked liked I was going to have to go up to a size 18 but when ifelldownthestairsandbrokemyleg and ended up in the hospital I turned a corner.
 
Eating hospital/institutional food will do that to a person.
 
Plus I have trained myself to stop when I feel full.  Or rather when I feel the first signs of nausea.  Not that I was eating until I got sick but rather at the first hint of the feeling "I don't want any more of this" I push the plate or put the cookie/candybar/cupcake down.
 
Susanna and I had a discussion months ago about how we have been programmed from the time we were little to "finish what is on your plate".  Especially when we go to a restaurant. Honestly, I feel that the waiter/waitress is judging me if I leave food on my plate, which is just plain stupid. 
 
Should I really care what a perfect stranger thinks of my eating habits?
 
Now on the rare occasion when I do go out to eat, I just ask for a doggie bag and tell the waitress that if I eat all of my dinner then I won't have room for dessert and I really want that cake/ice cream/pie etc.
 
My size 14 pants thank me for bringing them back into circulation.
 
Just imagine what size I could wear if I exercised!?!?!
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Gina (Mannyed) said...

Congratulations! That is a huge deal! I always feel weird when I leave food on my plate at restaurants...then I feel like they are judging me.

Jenster said...

Congrats!

My trick is to eat half of my restaurant meal and box up the rest to eat for another meal. Most places give you way too much food anyway. This way, I save calories and stretch my dollars. And if I ever start to care what the server thinks, at least he/she will think I'm a dainty little eater (which I am most certainly NOT!).

Allknowingjen said...

Yay! Though you are the only person I know who could turn a broken leg into a weight loss instead of a gain- that is seriously impressive!

Melody said...

Congratulations! You are an inspiration.

Dana said...

That is awesome! It takes one small step (or large fall!) to go forward...I am proud of you, seriously!