Thursday, November 06, 2008

show me your 80's music

The other day it occured to me that there is a whole generation of kids out there who might just be on the verge of discovering Peter Gabriel for the very first time.
 
Oh I know he might not be to everybody's taste, but who can forget the scene in "Say Anything" when John Cusack as Lloyd Dobler hefts the gargantuan boom-box over his head and blasts "In Your Eyes" to Ione Skye's Diane Court?
 
Which 80's artist would you like to introduce to this generation?
 
Do you think they know Paul Simon's "Graceland"?

5 comments:

Misty said...

Peter Gabriel is great. on Guitar hero we heard a heavy metal song from 2007, and i SWEAR it sounded more like something you'd hear from 1987...

I'm a Belinda Carslile fan.

Jenster said...

Depeche Mode. General Public. And much, much more.

Anonymous said...

Ooh you should see my playlists :) Here's a just a "few"

Ozzy
Def Leppard
Prince
Meatloaf
Adam Ant
Atlantic Starr
Billy Idol
Bruce Hornsby and the Range
Christoper Cross
Fleetwood Mac
Guns N Roses
John Cougar
Metallica
Poison (just saw them in concert!)
Queen
and yes, Rick Springfield :)

Melody said...

Do they know Toni Basil and the one hit wonder "Mickey"?

"Oh Mickey you're so fine, you blow my mind - hey Mickey"

Knitting Kris said...

Oh, you want me to pick just one? That's impossible!
I agree with the Graceland thing.
I think they are getting a taste of AC/DC with their new album out.
I'm also a big fan of Bruce Hornsby, and Billy Joel, but I think the latter encompasses the 70's too. His first album, Cold Spring Harbor is my absolute fave.
Def Leppard is also my HM fave!