Monday, November 03, 2008

football and pirate puppies

Football has infiltrated my life to such a degree that today when my boss and I had a disagreement over something and decided that we were both at fault I couldn't help but use a football term "off-setting penalties"

In other news, my sister is the proud new mama to two Jack Rusell terriers.

She is allowing me some input on the boy puppy's name.

I suggested "Arf".

That went over like a lead balloon with nephew Jason.

He called me last night to tell me that they are thinking of calling the puppy "Pirate" because he has a black patch on one eye.

I was thinking that perhaps my lovely blog friends would like to toss in their two cents.

We have until Tuesday to come up with a good pirate name.

12 comments:

Gina (Mannyed) said...

you mean, besides Jack...

hmmm...Manny. :o)

Jenster said...

How about Capt. Jack? Named after Capt. Jack Sparrow from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies and since he's a Jack Russell Terrier.

Or Capt. Morgan if there are any rum-lovers in the family?

Or Argh?

Jenster said...

Wait, I thought of another one: Patches! For the patch over the eye.

34 Years said...

P-Dog, short for pirate dog.
Scurvy
Matey
Cruzan (for the Rum)

I'll think of more...don't you worry...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Uncle Fester. His eyes were always shadowed, weren't they?

Or Willie- after the pirate with the eye patch in The Goonies.

Or maybe Goonie.

Melody said...

I really like Capt. Jack or just Morgan.

But for my original suggestion - how about Matey. You know "arrrrh matey".

Anonymous said...

how about the Iron Dumpling

Anonymous said...

also;
SeaGar
Barnacle (barney)
The William (pirate ship)(how cool to call a dog 'The Dogname', very Elizabethan)
'Terror on the High Seas' aka Toths or Toth

http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/famous-pirates.htm

I'd love to hear some of Jo's own suggestions - she's so crafty with the language.

Misty said...

Might I suggest a compromise? They like Pirate, you like Arf... What about ARRRR... (get it??? as in, what a pirate says...)
hmm...

Ami said...

Aw man! Jenster beat me to it. I was totally going to say Captain Jack Sparrow...I've got nothin' else, so I'll throw my vote in for that one anyway.

Anonymous said...

I tried to get my family to name our new dog D-O-G .....say it fast :)

Stephanie said...

Oh, my god...how adorable! One of our dogs is part JR; that whole spotted eye thing is too much.

Just checking...have you sent and/or received your BBM package yet? I've not had any contact from you since swap info went out...please get back to me as soon as you can; thanks!