Monday, November 02, 2009

Apes

Over the weekend, Tom and I watched a Planet of the Apes marathon.

We started with Planet of the Apes....you know....the one with Charlton Heston snarling "Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape! !!"


It was the first time I have ever seen it the whole way through. It was cheesy as only a 1968 sci-fi movie can be but yet the story was good and held my attention. Who knew that in the future not only would apes rule the world but apes with English accents? When the remake came out in 2001 (with Marky Mark) we went to see it and at the time I thought it was a good movie. But after having seen the original, I see how lacking the remake was. It took itself way too seriously.

The Taking of Pelham 123 will be the next remake we'll see. I'll also be watching "The Women". I loved the original....Norma Shearer, Rosalind Russell, Joan Crawford at her catty best. I'm sure the new one can't compare.

What remake do you recommend?

No comments: