Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wedding rings

For years I couldn't get my rings off my fat, sausage-like fingers. And everytime I had to take a course of prednisone it got even worse.

I used to worry my rings, turning my finger red and chafed, in an effort to get them off. Finally one day they slipped off. I never put them back on.

I missed them, but liked the feeling on not being constricted even more.

Then when I started to lose weight I put them back on. Now they are loose. Almost as loose as when I first got them.

I mentioned to Tom that since we've been married for 15 years maybe I could get a new ring? He was a bit taken aback. Not by the 15 years. He knows how long we've been married, but by the thought that I might want another ring. He knows I'm not a big jewelry girl. When we got engaged he was the on who insisted that I get a ring. He's never had to buy me diamonds to make me happy. I'd much rather a pot of pansies or some such thing.

I've planted the thought in his head. He's a bit frugal, my Tom and he says that we need to do some much needed work around the house. Who knows, maybe in a year or so I'll be sporting a new diamond band? Or a paved driveway. Either way, I'll be happy.

1 comment:

Helen said...

It`s so true, wedding rings tend to get stuck and obstruct bloodflow in time, as you gain weight. I had te same problem, only i had to get them enlarged so the could fit back on.