If there is one thing you should know about me, it is that I cannot abide cluttered counters. We have a small house with limited counter space so I like to keep them cclean and clear but this week things got a little out of control. So today, I awoke with resolve in my heart and this is what I cleaned off the counters:
1) Open bag of Twizzlers cherry nips that I decanted into a candy jar
2) Unopened stick of Gilette deodorant - from when I unloaded the groceries on Tuesday
3) Bag of red delicious apples
4) Box of Raisin Bran that I've been waiting for Tom to put away
5) Empty egg carton that needs to go to the people from whom we buy our eggs
6) Bag of tomatoes - I can never remember - should I store tomatoes in the fridge?
7) Bag of moldy steak rolls - what a disappointment!! I chucked them out the back door for the birdies
8) Container of biscotti that my sister made me for Christmas - does biscotti go bad?
9) Bowl of onions and garlic - just like Rachael Ray
10) Two tortillas wrapped in tin foil
11) Bag of rice too big to fit in the cupboard right now - I'm going to start making real rice instead of minute rice!!
12) Empty iced tea pitcher - I was waiting for Tom to make the tea.....it will be a long wait
13) Empty ice cube tray - no room in the freezer for it
14)Gma Bergman's bowl - she sent home spaghetti when I was laid up and we've yet to return it. I need to send it back with something yummy in it.
15) Two bananas rapidly growing brown - maybe I can make Gma some banana bread?
16) Extra bag of bread that I got out to thaw
17) Open box of Entenmanns Popems that I cleverly hid from my husband by putting the loaf of bread on top of the box
18) Tray of fresh baked cookies that I disguised with a dish towel so he won't eat them all at one sitting
19) Empty applesauce jar that really should go to recycling but will most likely end up in the garbage - don't judge me, we all do it!
20) Glass dish that I made baked ziti in last week and had to wash out by hand since it won't fit correctly in the dishwasher
This is not even counting all the things that are permanent fixtures on the counters ie: toaster, mixer, bread box, mug tree etc.
I put everything away in its proper place and my kitchen once again looks neat and tidy.
What is on your counters?