Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Instant satisfaction

Foods I make from a box/can instead of scratch:

1) Kraft Mac & cheese
2) Stove Top stuffing
3) Gravy – pork, chicken, beef - usually from a can but I just recently found a powder mix that tastes just as good, plus it got a two thumbs up from himself
4) Potatoes – I love instant potatoes
5) Pepperidge Farms layer cakes – still slightly frozen; Sanna, Jess and I burrowed our way through a coconut one in no time flat when we were in high school
6) Iced-tea – always from a mix and store brand is better than Lipton
7) Minute rice or instant couscous– I cannot be bothered to take the time to steam rice
8) Jello instant pudding
9) Pancakes – Aunt Jemima mix - add water and stir
10) Icing from a can - I especially like to eat it straight from the can with my finger or spread it on graham crackers



and finally - I like any biscuit, roll or croissant that comes rolled up in a can. Mostly I just like to hear it pop open



What are YOUR instant satisfactions?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Homemade from scratch is always better but let's face it, when you get home from working all day who wants to take the time and you're so tired you can't taste the food anyway.

Your list pretty much sums it up except for:

1.) Marie Calendar's Pot Pies
2.) Spaghetti sauce
3.) Beans/baked/refried
4.) Rice-A-Roni - Pilaf
5) Quaker instant oatmeal packets
6) Egg-O waffles
7) Chicken nuggets

Robbie

Melody said...

I am all for instant satisfaction:

1) Kraft M&C
2) Frozen waffles
3) Rice-A-Roni Spanish Rice
4) Instant oatmeal

However, after having purchased and used a rice cooker - I can never use Minute Rice again. It really is that good.

Allknowingjen said...

sheesh! What DON'T I make from a box or a can? I hardly make anything from scratch.
I've never even tried to make stuffing or rice the old fashioned way.

Knitting Kris said...

Chocolate chunk brownies are my favorite mix.
Spaghetti sauce is a given, because I'm too lazy to can my own sauce, but maybe that will change with this year.
I do make my own gravy, but maybe like 4-5 times/year, so that doesn't count.
And I make my own stuffing, but I use Stove top for everyday, so they know to appreciate the stuff with 4 sticks of butter and 1 dozen eggs when it comes around!

PhantomMinuet said...

I love to eat icing from the can. Especially after it's been sitting in the refrigerator. :-)

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Have you tried dipping pretzels in your canned icing??? Don't! You'll never stop!

I like your lists, I found your site from "When no one else is Watching"