Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Movie Madness

Today we will do a meme I found at Jen On the Edge.

An interactive meme

Below are the rules:
Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
Post them here for everyone to guess.
Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
NO googling or cheating by doing an online search. Share the fun and only guess one movie.


Remember: Winners never cheat and cheaters never win, unless you are the New England Patriots (ooooh, NJaney may never speak to me again!!)

1) Country Baby Homemade in Cleveland? Ummm. I don’t think so.
2) Andrew, are you going to bring me my lemon or do I have to squeeze it from my hat?
3) Six thousand dollars? It's not even leather!
4) Pink is my signature color.
5) Do I understand this correctly? I'm being marked down? I've been kidnapped by K-Mart!
6) Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son
7) There's no way, no way that you came from my loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!
8) Mongo only pawn... in game of life.
9) We're on a mission from God.
10) Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

These are very simple quotes from very simple movies.

A prize to the first person who can correctly identify the movie AND the actor/character for all ten.

Let the games begin!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like a simpleton, I don't quite get what I'm to do.

Robbie

Ami said...

I want to guess two, the only two I think I might know (I'm not very good at remembering movie lines) but I'll only guess one since those are the rules.

Is #4 Legally Blonde?

Steph said...

Let's see...I don't think I know all of them, but:

#4 Steel Magnolias
#8 Blazing Saddles(?)
#9 The Blues Brothers
#10 Caddyshack(?)

Misty said...

well... I am embarrassed to admit the blank I am drawing...

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

#4 Steel Magnolias (possibly Legally Blonde)
#9 The Blues Brothers
#10 Caddy Shack

Allknowingjen said...

ooh ooh! #2 is from Overboard- one of my favorite movies!

Anonymous said...

My brain is functioning a little better now.

1.) Diane Keaton - Baby Boom
2.) Goldie Hawn - Overboard
7.) Jackie Gleason - Smokey & the Bandit.

I'm completely at a loss on the others.

Robbie

Anonymous said...

I am REALLY bad at this.

Melody said...

I only knew #4 - Steel Magnolias, Julia Roberts (Shelby).

I love doing these though. I did one a long while ago with no takers, I might do this again.

My hubby knew more than I.

He is throwing one back at you all - "Could it be Melvert with IQ of a handball and the personality of a parking meter?"

Anonymous said...

Ooh! #4 is Steel Magnolias. That is my favorite movie. And you have to say it with a southern twang!

Dana said...

Remember: Winners never cheat and cheaters never win, unless you are the New England Patriots

Yes, but those cheaters DID NOT go on to win the Super Bowl. Justice served.

I only knew the same ones that everyone else guessed.

Sad. I thought I was much better at movies than that.