Big news here at Dr. Bombay’s: My lovely writer friend Ami, from “Writing: My Life” interviewed me for a series of “getting to know you” posts that she is doing.
Because she asked me so very nicely and because I will jump at any chance to talk about myself ad nauseam, I agreed. You can read the interview here. While you are there, make sure you browse through her previous posts. She is a gifted writer and you might just find something to your liking.
Notes on previous posts:
1) Easter: Tom couldn’t find Ben-Hur and wasn’t really in the mood for The Sound of Music so we settled for Sahara (with limited commercial interruptions) starring the always lovely to look upon Matthew McConaughey. Also starring Penelope Cruz. Here is my problem with Penelope: She might be pretty and all, but her accent is so thick it is hard to understand her.
2) Make-up: At Easter dinner, Kathy (FIL’s girlfriend) wanted to know if I got contacts or something because my eyes looked different. I DO wear contacts, but the difference is directly attributable to the make-up that I’m currently applying every day. See, I TOLD you I was stunning!!!
3) Games: I forgot the card game Dutch Blitz – it is a card game invented by the Pennsylvania Dutch since they aren’t permitted to use real playing cards.
4) Books: Betsy mentioned the Betsy-Tacy books, I LOVED those books and can’t believe I forgot them. Also, Island of the Blue Dolphins is sitting in my to-be-read pile on my night stand
5) Women- I forgot to add that my fellow co-worker can never admit that she might be wrong. Apparently there are people in this world who believe that it is weak to admit when you are wrong. I don’t believe that. I believe that admitting you are wrong shows that you are the bigger person. Am I wrong? Please, enlighten me.