Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Ennui

This post was languishing in my draft pile from many moons ago, but it conveniently had a list so I resurrected it for your reading enjoyment:

You might as well know, I’m suffering from ennui.

No it’s not contagious.

It's a French word, pronounced ahn-wee.

I like to say it with a French accent.

According to dictionary.com it’s: a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest; boredom.

The direct cause of my ennui is a surfeit of blogs. I've gorged on too many blogs both good and bad.

The good blogs were full of light and joy and laughter.

The bad blogs were rife with misery and discontent.

It's these bad blogs that contributed to my ennui (are you saying it with the French accent?!?)

I decided to not read anymore of these types of blogs until the people lighten up.

So I'm only reading frothy, no real point to them, just for pure entertainment blogs.

And furthermore, please read my list of things that are totally pissing me off right now in regards to blogs:

1) People who use the word "hun". In the first place, shouldn't the word be "hon"? Short for honey?

2) People who offer "hugs". Don't hug me. I don't know you well enough to accept a hug

3) LOL - this, this, THING (I don't even know what to call it) is beyond annoying. I banned it's usage on my spaces blog and should enforce it on this one.

4) People who use stage directions i.e.: "leaving the room shaking her head". Please don't. Just don't.

5) The term blogosphere.

And I’m spent!


How cranky was I when I wrote this!?!?

The worst part?

Nothing has changed, these things STILL piss me off!!

Am I the only one who feels this way?

10 comments:

PhantomMinuet said...

Oops. I do #4 rather frequently. **hangs head, abashed**

nejyerf said...

for you i will make an exception!!

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, talk about lightening up, hehe. I'm afraid to speak...err, write now.

I'm guilty of #3 or #4. Oh well, at least I know why when you don't visit me.

Anonymous said...

Ennui - excellent word. I always learn something new everytime I read your blog.

Robbie

Ami said...

Ok, I so rarely do #4, but didn't I just do it in that email I sent you? Before I read this post.

LOL

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

And I've had a bit of ennui recently, too. It must be in the air.

Allknowingjen said...

I had no idea how Ennui was supposed to be pronounced! your blog is so educational.

I also do #4- but I try to use it sparingly!

patresa hartman said...

oh, hun. *shakes head and sighs deeply* LOL!

*hugs*

(and here's a bonus...)

<3
p

patresa hartman said...

shoot, i forgot one.

revision:

oh, hun. *shakes head and sighs deeply* LOL! the blogosphere IS a complicated world, isn't it? ROFL!

*hugs!*

<3,
p

Anonymous said...

Guilty as charged.

Dana said...

Seems I am not alone in my #4 guilt. In fact there was a plethora of #4's in my last post.

Jefe, what is a plethora?