Sunday, March 02, 2008

go fish

I performed an experiment on a fish oil capsule Saturday night.

The capsule in question was fished (pun intended) out from under the jelly cabinet in the kitchen. It was covered in cat hair. At first I thought I would just rinse it off and take it. But then I had a brilliant thought "What would happen if I ran really hot water over it. Would it melt?"

1) Turns out it doesn't melt

2) But it does get very soft.

So then I thought, "How much pressure would it take to break it?"

What happens when you put too much pressure on a softened fish oil capsule.

3) It becomes not unlike a geyser and spews a great plume of fish oil straight up onto the ceiling.

4) And leaves behind the unmistakable aroma of fish.

Since I'm not quite able to clamber up onto the counter to reach the ceiling, I had to humbly ask my husband to do it for me and in the process admit my failed experiment. He was not impressed with my quest for knowledge.

5 comments:

Knitting Kris said...

You freakin' crack me up!
Maybe you should start a list of experiments you can do with your medications.....
I thought of you this week, as I was giving a patient her daily dose of IV solumedrol x 5 days....and hoping that you don't have to go through this often....

Melody said...

Oh the fun it must be to live in your house! You never cease to make me laugh. Dammit, I wish we lived closer together.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I must be pregnant, because fish oil sounds really good right now. Mmmmm. Tasty.

Steph said...

My standard response to rude/inappropriate comments/questions has become "Oh, wow, what a totally rude thing to say! You must be so embarassed!